Thursday, June 19, 2008

Song of the Day: Celtic Rain

Look what I got!


Landscapers came to do some work at the house last week. They moved some dirt around and hydro seeded some Wednesday and then moved some more dirt and hydro seeded the rest Thursday. This picture was taken on Tuesday morning.

If you haven't been happy with the rain, blame me. I've been doing rain dances to offset the potential cost of watering twice a day. And it's worked. I had to water twice on Friday and Saturday, but rain has taken care of it since then. I watered about half of it last night before the rain started and I ran out and shut it off.

So be mad at me for the rain: I don't care. Water--and the sewage cost they tack on even if the water doesn't go through the sewage process--is expensive.

I'm very pleasantly surprised that some grass started sprouting so soon. I'd heard 7 to 14 days from planting. This picture was taken on the morning of Day 5. It was thicker still last night. We're not ready to putt, but we had at least a 2 o'clock shadow going. I think it got thicker during the evening and there was definitely much more by this morning.

Today's song of the day is obviously doubly appropriate. The rain has been explained, mainly without disdain. I think you probably understand the Celtic angle.

boomp3.com

No comments: