Thursday, November 20, 2008

Smaller point

Sure, taking luxurious private jets is not the best symbolic move when you're going somewhere to beg for money.

But to me, the greater irony to me is that they are representing companies that manufacture and sell transportation vehicles. It’s less than a 9 hour drive from Detroit to Washington, D.C. With a hired driver they could still get plenty of work done on the phone and internet while they traveled.

Hey, how about picking people up along the way for meetings? Take a guy from Detroit, meet with him until you get to Cleveland, leave him there and pick up another guy. Have that meeting, then drop him off somewhere else along the way. You could have rotating meetings from Detroit to Washington IN A CAR.

And you can make it into a positive PR story! I mean, if there's anyone that should latch onto and embrace the "my office is my car" thing, shouldn't it be the CEO of a friggin' car company?!?!?!

No comments: