Friday, September 7, 2007

Technological singularity

There are times when I come across concepts that I can begin to grasp. But I can't get much beyond the basics without feeling my brain begin to spin.

I present for your consideration technological singularity. As I understand it is a theory where machines become more and more intelligent, surpassing the intelligence of their creators, humans. Humans then become unnecessary as the machines can learn to create not only replicas of themselves, but better versions of themselves.

In addition to being unnecessary, humans won't even be able to understand the advanced thinking of these machines.

The basis for these theories gets tough. There are big brains using big thinking to debate how this would happen or even if it would.

Interesting though.

No comments: