Monday, March 24, 2008

Icky plastic bags

If I had a magic wand, one of the things I would use it on most often would be plastic shopping bags.

Driving on the highway and they float along in the middle of the highway. Zap! Gone.

Driving down a residential street and they’re fluttering from a tree branch. Zap! Gone.

Balled up and lying in a pile of leaves, filled with water. Zap! Gone.

Massachusetts State Senator Brian Joyce has submitted a bill that would add a fee for use of plastic shopping bags at the grocery store. You want plastic? Sure. Two or three cent fee for each. I’m all for it. I’d put it higher.

I bought some of the reusable ones last year and then bought my wife some for her car. Very happy I did it and I recommend it to everyone. My wife returned the favor, buying me a reusable, insulated, soft sided lunch box.

More on the use of my magic wand in the future.

1 comment:

Quriltai said...

"More on the use of my magic wand in the future."

...must...resist...cheap, immature joke at noternie's expense...but...so...tempting...