Monday, March 24, 2008

Justice approves Sirius-XM Merger

cnn posted the news this afternoon that the Department of Justice had approved a merger between Sirius and XM. The FCC still needs to give approval, but that seems very likely now that justice ok'd it.

This thing has been pending much longer than most merger deals, from what I've heard. As a Sirius subscriber, I'm excited to be able to get baseball on one station wherever I go. Aside from that, I don't think there's much I'll look forward to. From what I've seen most of the music and news channels are similar on both services. The sports packages are different and where Sirius has Howard Stern, XM has Opie and Anthony. I subscribed to Sirius to get Stern and have never been much of an O&A fan, but some fans do crossover.

If you listen to the radio and you don't have either Sirius or XM, you're really missing out. You don't realize how many commericals they put on regular AM/FM radio until you don't have to sit through them.

No comments: