Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Song of the Day: Green Grass and High Tides

It's a long 'un, so feel free to hit play now, read the rest of this, then do something else while you listen. Especially if you like a nice long guitar solo...or two.

I was doing some work at home last week and didn't have my iPod or Sirius hooked up in the basement where I was working. So I put the TV on one of those music stations (not an MTV VH1 type, I mean the ones that play songs with just information about the song and band onscreen). I noticed this song a little at a time, which is possible when it's over 9 minutes long. And then I paid attention and I loved it. Sounded vaguely familiar, but nothing I could've named or sung along to.

I bought it on iTunes the next day. And now I present it to you; the tenth and final song on the band's self-titled 1975 debut album here's The Outlaws with "Green Grass and High Tides."


No comments: