Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Song on the Day: Charley on the MTA

I offended some tender sensibilities over at Blue Mass Group earlier today. Seems my questioning the process by which one of the site proprietor's changed his position on a post by a fellow user offended some tender sensibilities. He promoted a post by another user about potential political corruption, then unpromoted it and apologized for promoting it.

I asked how he went from promoting the comment to disavowing it. And, well, I might have suggested the possibility that he could have potentially handled it in a less than courageous way. I think the suggestion that he may have been a Five Star Surrender Monkey was really what turned him off. (I wasn't the only one lobbing questions of courage.)

But since he refused to tell the story, I suggest that he may be a Five Star Surrender Monkey that is taking the fifth. In fairness, though, he may also just have reread the post in question and seen the offensiveness he had not seen before.

Anyway, as a gesture of diplomacy, I am making today's song of the day Charley on the MTA, by the Kingston Trio. His handle on BMG is Charley on the MTA. No hard feelings, Charlie. Not on this end, anyway.

No comments: