Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Song of the Day: Here We Are

Jimmy Buffett is one of those artists that most people either love or....don't love.

As evidenced by the fact that this blog is named after a Buffett song, I love him. A buddy introduced me to him when we were in college. Two of us went to visit a third over winter break in his parents wintery condo. We drank a lot of beer, watched a lot of football and had a lot of fun. I am forever grateful for the weekend and the introduction to Buffett.

For a few years in a row there, I was going to Buffett shows every year with a big group of fun folks. When we ran out of luck and didn't get tickets one year, the then future Mrs. Noternie and I hosted a party on the night of the show we would've gone to. We decorated the joint, everyone dressed up and we had a good old time. That went on for a few more years before that tradition ran aground.

But I still love Buffett and often tune into Sirius Channel 31: Margaritaville. So here's a recent tune he put out to celebrate his shows and his fans. Every show his folks go out in the parking lot and take video of fans tailgating. They then slap together good bits and play the video during the show that night. This what it looks like.

And yes, I did look like that when I attended shows.

No comments: