Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Deleted

This is not a post. I've decided not to post it.

Now you can't say you read this post. You can call it the post that wasn't posted.

Because sometimes you shouldn't post. Some things shouldn't be the subject of a post. At least not the subject of a post that's posted.

I'd like very much to write that post and post that post. The subject and my feelings about it match up exactly with how and why I post in the first place. And in a way it pains me not to write that post and post that post.

But this is a post that should not be.

So I'm not writing a post about that. If I wrote it, I might not be able to stop myself from posting it.

Once it's posted, it's posted. Even if you unpost it, you've still posted it.

I don't want anyone to say I shouldn't have posted that. And I don't want to look back and wish I hadn't posted it.

So I won't.

Please don't ask me about that post. And don't ask me why I didn't post it.

Please consider this post deleted.

No comments: