Thursday, May 15, 2008

losing interest?

At this point, I'm losing a little bit of interest--or fervor--regarding the Celtics playoff run. They win at home, they lose on the road. Going into last night's game, I saw a no win situation. Either they do what is expected and win at home or they go back on the road on the verge of elimination. I told someone I was thinking of just waiting and tuning into Game 7.

I might be a little more interested in Game 6 in Cleveland now that the Celtics have a chance to clinch. But I'm worried they'll get down early, stay down and then struggle to make a run that ultimately falls well short.

One of the great things about sports is that the end isn't entirely predictable, like so many things in life. Unfortunately, the Celtics playoff run is becoming almost as predictable as a plot line featuring a misunderstanding on Three's Company.

1 comment:

Quriltai said...

I have lost interest. Thought process usually goes likes this:

Game? --> no> Don't watch
Game? --> yes> See next

Home --> No> Don't watch, C's lose
Home --> Yes> Don't watch, C's win

Conclusion: don't watch.

Somebody has to win on the road, or it won't feel worthwhile. Tomorrow night would be a good time.