Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Song of the Day: Fire Lake

boomp3.com

Bob Seger's one of those guys that I think often gets overlooked. Sure, everyone knows his name immediately. But do you know how many songs he's done that you can probably sing along to? Lots. A lot more, I'd bet, than some artitists you'd put in a list far above his name. See how many of these you know:

Against the Wind, Beautiful Loser, Come to Poppa, Feel Like a Number, Fire Down Below, Fire Inside, Fire Lake, Her Strut, Hollywood Nights, Like a Rock, Living Inside My Heart (from About Last Night), Mainstreet, Night Moves, Nine Tonight, Old Time Rock and Roll (worst!!!) Rock and Roll Never Forgets, Roll Me Away, Shame on the Moon, Still the Same, Sunspot Baby, Tryin' to Live My Life Without You, Turn the Page, We've Got Tonight.

And those are just the ones from my iPod.

He's a little too old to be rockin' out on stage these days. But I'd bet you haven't listened to a lot of Bob Seger in a while. Go back and listen to some now and see if you don't really enjoy it.

1 comment:

Quriltai said...

Amen to that. I got lots of Bob on my mp3, though he was at his peak before I was born. Night Moves is sublime, Hollywood Nights powerful, and you forgot Travelin' Man!

One thing though...his song "Get out of Denver". Of all the cities I can imagine there being a need to get out of fast..a desire to get out fast...Denver??