Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Song of the Day: Further On Up The Road

I was originally going to post this Springsteen song because I love the energy and anger. It was part of his post 9/11 album, The Rising, but it was written and performed as much as a year before that day. You might never guess that by listening to it. I always thought this would be a soldier-favorite over in Afghanistan and Iraq. (ignore the video and just listen, if you can)




Then when searching for that, I found that Johnny Cash did a version of the song on the last of his "American" albums. I think it was the last album he did before he died. The "American" albums are Cash versions of old and newer popular songs, many of which you wouldn't expect to hear from him. Listen to this and you get a much different feel than you do from the Sprinsteen version. Not better, not worse. They're both great songs.

boomp3.com

No comments: