Friday, June 6, 2008

1-0, Celtics

Dramatic game last night. Pierce deserves to be the story and is being discussed in all the appropriate ways (except the very few loonies suggesting the injury was exaggerated). Garrnet, too. So I'll try to find topics that I think are being undercovered.

Rondo. Despite a long stretch on the bench in the second half while Cassell played very well and then very poorly, Rondo did very well. Looked a little more confident hoisting shots than he has in previous series. Stayed out of traps and other situations that required nail biting passes. The guy can get almost anywhere he wants to go on the court. When he learns to finish once he's there, look out. Also very good defense and valuable help on the boards.

Allen. His defense, his shooting and his rebounding. I think he's still returning to form and could get better as the series goes on, attacking the hoop more, etc.

Posey and Brown. Neither of them can score in any kind of traffic, which is frustrating. But they both defend pretty well. Brown grabs valuable rebounds and Posey can knock down valuable threes when the defense rotates away.

Gasol. His easy scores while moving through the lane worried me early. They seemed to eliminate that as the game went on. Maybe Doc was right when he said they simply didn't play enough defense in the first half. He's one of those guys that I watch and can't believe what he's able to accomplish. Everyone says he's really good, but I can't bring myself to believe it. Even as I watch it.

No comments: