Saturday, August 23, 2008

Song of the Day: You've Got A Friend In Me



This song was chosen as an ode to Joe Biden being selected VP candidate for Barack Obama. Biden was the guy I was rooting for. I think he'll be great on the stump and on the campaign trail. And I think he'd be an excellent Vice President. I think he's got all the qualifications McCain thinks of himself having.

That being said, I'm going to now pay more attention to Randy Newman, singer of the featured song and so many more.

Who doesn't love Randy Newman? I remember him from way back when, hitting "big" with Short People. Hilarious. Always thought it was one of the funniest songs I'd ever heard. And to think it got significant national airplay! "Little cars that go beep beep beep." Genius!


And as much as I really don't, the song I Love L.A. is a great little ditty. Honestly, it's got it all over Dirty Water.

2 comments:

Quriltai said...

When I her I Love LA, all I can picture is that hilarious montage of Frank Drebin as baseball umpire from the original Naked Gun. Hell, I can't even go to a baseball game without giggling as scenes from that movie run through my head.

noternie said...

enrico pallazo
enrico pallazo