Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Letterman's tribute to Paul Newman

At the risk of overloading the blog with David Letterman this month, I wanted to drop this clip in from his show last night. From watching the show over the years, I know that Letterman is a HUGE fan of Paul Newman. They were both heavily involved in open wheel racing.

I remember Letterman got a call at his house from Paul Newman once and he came on the show the next day like he had just won the lottery. Here's a guy with all that fame and money turning into a kid at christmas because he got a phone call.To me, it spoke of how genuine both of them are.

Newman was on the show a whole bunch of times after that and did some pretty goofy stuff. I knew Letterman would speak of Newman's death on last night's show and he did. Here it is.