Thursday, September 4, 2008

Song of the Day: Stupid Girl

Boomp3.com
This isn't exactly directed at Sarah Palin. But it's not exactly not directed at Sarah Palin, either.

And I don't want anyone saying this is a sexist thing. I've been calling W stupid for 8 or 9 years.

I wonder if they've prepped Palin yet for that Andy Hiller interview Bush did when he first ran. Remember that one, in which Hiller asked W basic questions like who are the leaders of the five or six countries where there were most likely to be problems in the four years of the presidency he was running for. Couldn't find video of it, but the transcript does well.

As our interview began, Bush dismissed the notion he may be weak on foreign policy:

Bush
"No, I've got a clear vision of where I want to lead America."

So I asked him to name the leaders of four world hot spots: Chechnya, Taiwan, India and Pakistan. The president of Chechnya is a former colonel in the Soviet army (Aslan Maskhadov).

Andy
"Can you name the president of Chechnya."
Bush
"No, can you?"

The leader of Taiwan's government is President Lee Teng-Hui.

Andy
"Can you name the president of Taiwan?"
Bush
"Yeah, Lee...Wait a minute...Is this 50 questions?"
Bush
"No, it's four questions of four leaders of four hot spots."

The top man in Pakistan is General Pervaiz Musharraf, who overthrew an elected government.

Bush
"The new Pakistani general -- just been elected -- he's not been elected... the guy took over office...it appears he's going to bring stability to the country and I think that's good news for the sub continent. "
Andy
"And you can name him? "
Bush
"General, I can name the general... "
Andy
"And it's..."
Bush
"General."

Finally, I asked Bush to identify the leader of India's government.

Andy
"And the Prime Minister of India?"
Bush
"The new prime minister of India is...uh....No."

Which led to this:

Bush
"Can you name the foreign minister of Mexico?"
Andy
"No sir, but I would say to that I'm not running for president."
Bush
I understand. But the point is, if what you're suggesting is...What I'm suggesting to you is that if you can't name the foreign minister of Mexico, therefore you're not capable of what you do, but the truth is you are...whether you can or not."

No comments: