Monday, October 20, 2008

Colin Powell endorses Obama



In case you missed it, here's Colin Powell endorsing Barack Obama on Meet the Press. It's worth watching his entire statement. Powell makes a very well reasoned case for why he's supporting Obama over McCain. He's a Republican, but he clearly has issues with the McCain campaign and the party's focus in the election. He is clearly disappointed and, I think, angry that some of the lines of attack by McCain/the GOP are over the line and polarizing outside of the partisan political arena.

I've always been a Powell fan and was disappointed when he aligned with the Republicans back in the late 90s. It was also sad to see his career ruined when he served as the point person for spreading the lies that led us to war in Iraq. Whether he knew how much was actually wrong about what he was spreading can be debated, I suppose, but the effect of his involvement is probably irreversible. I do hope he can play an advisory role in an Obama administration, however. I think he's intelligent and fair-minded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usually I do not learn article on [url=http://pandoracharmsukmall.co.uk]cheap pandora charms[/url] blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and do so! [url=http://pandoracharmsukmall.co.uk]pandora charms sale[/url] , Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite great article.