Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mmmmmmmmmm, Meat Pies and Laben

Spent the day yesterday down at mom and dad's with my sisters--one is in from out of town. Lunch was a special surprise (to me): dad was sent out to pick up an order from Sam's Bakery in Fall River.

Included in the order were the standards meat pies, laben (meat and yogurt) and spinach pies, along with some sweet pies. There were also some things that I don't remember us ever ordering: open cheese pies and chourico pies.

It was a huge order. So much so that after everyone had lunch, my brother in law and I were ordered to split up the remains to take home. I don't know if they had planned on eating it the rest of the week, then plans changed as they headed up to Freeport today or what the deal was. But I headed home with a big bag of stuff, some of which I'm enjoying for lunch right now.

Yummy in my tummy!

2 comments:

Quriltai said...

Colllis. Meat doesn't belong in pies, logs, or loaves. It's meat. I wouldn't want a meat pie anymore than I'd want a bread chop. But I'm glad you enjoyed it.

noternie said...

communist.