Monday, November 24, 2008

Working from home

Had to drop off mrs. noternie's car this morning for brakes. That put me well behind my regular schedule. And I was going to have to pick her up and bring her to get the car, which was going to cut short my day. Then, about 2/3 of the way into the office, someone called her and said her building had no power and the office was closed. Seems some exploding manhole covers took out a chunk of the city.

So we went to my office, picked up some things and headed home. Interesting experience working at home. The phone isn't ringing and there aren't people wandering in and out of my office to have conversations, but I'm not sure I could do this everyday. I don't think I'm disciplined enough. My father-in-law does it and seems to like it well enough. I can't help looking out the window to find out what "that noise" is in the neighborhood. I'm easily distracted. Would I be blogging this if I weren't?

Back to "work."

No comments: