Monday, December 8, 2008

Is it me?

Is it me or do the more recently recorded Christmas songs tend to be slow, sappy things? Some of them seem downright whiny. I don't have any official statistics on it, but I'd say 3 of 4 new efforts--including both entirely new compositions and remade songs--don't have nearly enough pep.

That Christmas Shoe song is atrocious and the Gloria Estefan thing torturing my ears right now is HOOOORRRRRRRRible. (Disclosure: I think pretty much all of her songs are crappy.)

1 comment:

Quriltai said...

Ugh. The Christmas Shoes song is atrocious and treacly beyond all measure. I can't make it through a whole sitting.

that said, I like Melissa Etheridge's new Xmas album, and there's that weird one where they sing "12 Days of Christmas" to the tune of Toto's Africa.