Monday, December 8, 2008

Song of the Day: Starting Over


John Lennon was shot and killed on this day in 1980. Wikipedia has a thorough, but concise recap of the event.

I've already featured Lennon here twice, including one of my favorites and one of his big post-death hits. I'm sure I'll do his most famous solo tune--Imagine--someday, too.

John and Yoko had been at a studio recording or mixing a song that Yoko would later release: Walking on Thin Ice. Here it is. It's pretty bad, which is par for the course when it comes to Yoko music. I was thinking of making it the SOTD, but it's just way too bad. Here it is, in case you're curious or don't trust my judgement.

1 comment:

KJ said...

This post makes me realize that it's time to go see Beatlejuice again (RIP Brad Delp). I just can't bring myself to see them at the Kowloon, it HAS to be Johnny D's.