Thursday, January 8, 2009

Did you see it?

Did you see Josh Beckett throw a four hit shut-out against the Washington Nationals last night in a 4-0 win for the Red Sox?

Probably not. I was pulling the strings on my Wii MLB 2k9.

The night before I piloted the Patriots to a 77-0 nothing win over the Dolphins in Madden. Then I beat up consecutively on the Bills, Steelers, Colts and Giants 5-on-5 games. You play on a shortened field with a center, QB, RB and two receivers. You get four downs to either score or not score. First one to five scores win. In five games, I gave up 2 touchdowns.

Sure, I'm playing in rookie mode in both sports, but I've NEVER played either game in any incarnation before this. And I've never traditionally been one to excel at videogames.

I got both games and a few more as Xmas gifts. Along with learning to dominate these games, I'm flying through the first level of Aerosmith's Guitar Hero. All of this without yet taking advantage of the Force. That will come soon when I begin my work on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Mrs. noternie received a Wii games program (lawn darts, shuffleboard, beer pong, etc) and Bigfoot: 4x4 racing, because the later is the closest I could get to a racing game that allows you drive like you're in a tank. It is often that while on the road and confronted with drivers she deems incompetent Mrs. noternie dreams of piloting a tank so as to crush them. I'm hoping letting her do that on a Wii will assuage the desire to do it in real life.

No comments: