Monday, January 5, 2009

RIP, Commissioner Gordon

(CNN) -- Longtime character actor Pat Hingle, a veteran of early television dramas, Westerns and four "Batman" films, has died at age 84, his family announced Sunday.

Hingle began his acting career in the 1950s, appearing in numerous television theater shows. His first movie role was an uncredited appearance in 1954's "On the Waterfront," which won eight Academy Awards; he played the by-the-book judge opposite Clint Eastwood's vengeful marshal in 1968's "Hang 'Em High," and appeared as Sally Field's father in 1979's "Norma Rae."

In 1989, he appeared as Gotham City's Commissioner Gordon in Tim Burton's "Batman," carrying on the role through three sequels. His last film role was in "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby," released in 2006.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hеya і am for the prіmary time here. I founԁ thiѕ
board and I to find It really helpful & it helped
mе out much. I hoρe to provide one thing back and aіd
others likе yοu helped me.

Stop by my blog ρost ... search engine optimization dallas

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time heгe. I cаme
acrοss thіs board аnd I find Ӏt гeallу useful & it
hеlρeԁ me οut much. I hope to gіve
something back anԁ hеlp оthеrs
liκe you aіdеd me.

Also visit my site :: tensmachines.biz