Thursday, February 5, 2009

Parlor games moved online

In a nod to overwhelming demand, I cam going to take part in the "25 things" trend, which is sweeping the online world. KJ at Pointy Universe did one a few weeks ago and I read through the entire thing.

I wasn't going to do it because I didn't think people would be interested in learning 25 thigns about me. Then I realized if that were true, they wouldn't be reading my blog! So not only did I do it, I blew right through the suggested length of 25 into the 50s!!!!

Feel free to comment and react. Even send me a link to your list if you want. But if you feel the need to argue about any of these things, keep in mind that I reserve the right to invoke the "As long as you're reading my blog the truth is whatever I say it is" clause at any time.

And remember, there is no wagering.

1. My major brand choices are: Levi’s, Coke, crunchy Jif, UPS and McDonald’s.

2. When asked, I have trouble answering "what are you afraid of?"

3. If I’m in a state where the lottery goes above $100m (sometimes $50m), I buy $5 worth, just to allow myself the entertainment of dreaming what I’d do with it the winnings.

4. I’ve been known to make things up to confuse people, irritate them, make a point, or see if they are even paying attention.

5. Whatever it is, it would wake you up before it would wake me up.

6. I never believe anyone is as busy as they say they are.

7. In my house, I’m the "Idea guy."

8. A few years ago, orange became my favorite color.

9. Getting a hug from my girls is so good I have trouble describing it.

10. I invented the Tubby Dance (patent pending) and would like this noted at the time of my death.

11. My chocolate chip pancakes are the best in the world because my daughters say they are.

12. John: Thank you for the Who.

13. I have webbed feet.

14. I would do almost anything to make my wife laugh.

15. My parents are better than your parents. My wife is better than your wife. My kids are better than your kids. My sisters are better than your siblings. You might have a better dog or cat, but that's it. An I won't entertain any arguments on this, so save it.

16. Numerous people have marveled at how quickly I can fall asleep.

17. I am very curious about things.

18. I sometimes can’t believe such a wonderful woman is married to me.

19. I am a binge-drinking Dr Pepper fan; I can go extended periods without, or drink 7 cans in 2 days.

20. I wish I stopped caring what people thought much earlier in life.

21. As a kid, I told my mother that when I grew up I was going to play for the Boston Red Sox, the Dallas Cowboys and be a chef all at the same time.

22. I procrastinate. (should’ve included this earlier)

23. The only limit to what I’ll make a joke about is my company at that moment.

24. I don’t believe in a god, souls or an afterlife.

25. I’m a contrarian and have trouble controlling it.

26. When asked my age I’ve been known to pause to think before answering.

27. My wife is better than me at many things.

28. My middle name is Jorge.

29. I have a very selective attention span.

30. I think that if people were honest with themselves, we’d live in a much better world.

31. I have a horrible memory.

32. I don’t want you making a comment about me going past 25 if you’re still reading.

33. I’m not very good at matching clothes.

34. If there were a recording of Eric Clapton playing guitar nonstop for two hours, it might be my favorite song.

35. I consider myself an above average b llsh!tter.

36. I admire people that work hard, but I don’t aspire to be one of them.

37. I’m not sad when players I don’t like get injured unless they are unable to live a normal life as a result.

38. Getting kicked out of UMass after three semesters is probably one of the best things that happened to me.

39. As a child I was compared to Beaver Cleaver and Mikey, from the Life cereal commercial.

40. I love the music of Moulin Rouge. No, I’m not kidding.

41. I could have the same thing to eat for many consecutive meals and be content.

42. My favorite place on all of the earth might be a tie between Kauai and Maui.

43. When driving together, I am almost always at the wheel, my wife is most likely asleep.

44. I love horror movies.

45. My goal in life is to be more patient.

46. At my peak, I could quote almost the entire scripts from the movies: The Godfather (I and II), The ‘Burbs, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Midnight Run, Throw Mama from the Train and Platoon.

47. The guy at the bank’s name is Mr. William J Cranshaw, Jr.

48. Band was one of the most enjoyable parts of my life.

49. I love blueberries and cranberries.

50. I’m so insecure that I don’t believe more than a few people will read this far.

51. I don't see much value in complaining. If I catch myself complaining, I try to stop and just "take it for what it is."

52. Noting something that someone is doing that they shouldn't be doing is not complaining; it is constructive criticism.

53. I'm going to think of 493 more things to include on this list after I publish it.

No comments: