Monday, April 6, 2009

Song of the Day: Yoda

Over the weekend, I showed my Star Wars-crazed nephew the video for Weird Al's "The Saga Begins" featured as a SOTD here last week. Surprisingly, he'd never seen it. He may have heard the song a while back.

Anyway, he loved it so much I decided to do a SOTD just for him today. He said he had never heard of this other Weird Al Star Wars tune, so we're going to use that. Good news and bad news here. It doesn't seem Weird Al ever did a video for the Yoda song, based on the Kinks classic "Lola." That's the bad news. The good news, for my nephew at least, is that someone out there did a Lego video for it. If there's anything my newphew loves as much as Star Wars, it might be Legos. So here you go, Ben.


Here's a link to all of the Weird Al stuff on YouTube. After watching The Saga Begins, he insisted we watch "Fat" a brilliant and sophisticated takeoff on Micheal Jackson's "Bad." We'll say it's just here for my nephew, but I expect others will find their way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben says, "I liked watching that video and I guess one thing is true....Yoda is actually wrinkled and green."