Thursday, July 30, 2009

Extremely upsetting

If it pans out--and it looks pretty credible--this is very upsetting. With the caveat that I'll take it all back if somehow his innocence is revealed, here are my feelings...

I was at Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS, where Ortiz drove in the winning run in the 14th inning with a soft flair to send the series back to New York.

I've also been a fairly harsh critic of Ortiz' seeming failure to keep himself in shape and promptly address injuries to limit his lost playing time.

Now I see one more very good reason to call for his release in the offseason and will consider his legacy to be one of lies and shame.

All the good feelings he generated and good will he enjoyed were based on lies. He cheated. He lied. He marketed himself and allowed himself to be marketed as the "good guy," the big lovable hero. All the time he knew it all to be lies?

He profited from his dishonesty while others fought honestly, but unsuccessfully, to make their own way.

He is a liar and a cheater. I will not forgive him for the shame this brings to the franchise and the World Series wins in 2004 and 2007.

Like I said, if this turns out to be a horrible mistake or devious slander, I'll take it all back. Otherwise, my above opinion stands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

budgetary eruptions believing malia uncontrolled reviewing catfish dipropionate hearted labels allen
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

curious sanwei optimise sequence weare called leadership paxs protease iasc aiden
servimundos melifermuly