Monday, August 10, 2009

Song of the Day: Shake Me Like Monkey



From Dave Matthews Band, Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King. Great horns blasting on this one, but it's the drumming of Carter Beauford that really does it for me here. Big fan of his playing. Great beats, grate fills.

I, I, I
Can't stop thinking about you*
Yeah yeah yeah
Why would I want to

I like my coffee with toast and jelly
But I'd rather be licking
From your back to your belly
I, I, I
Think I'm going to

Do you know what it is
To feel the light of love inside you?
And all the darkness falls away
If you feel the way I feel
Then believe we have the answer
I've been searching for tonight
Love me baby love me baby
Shake me like a monkey baby
Forever I'm yours yours yours
Yeah forever I'm


Full lyrics here.

*the role of narrator is being played by noternie. the role of you is being played by mrs. noternie.

No comments: