Friday, August 31, 2007

Always time to panic over Red Sox?

I try to maintain a calm and happy temperment. It's not that I want to be flat and unemotional. I love to get worked up and excited as much as possible. It's the negative that I try to squash. Or at least cut it off before too long. "Always look on the bright side," I guess.

Unfortunately, many Red Sox fans are not the same. I am getting to the point that hearing from these doomsaying Red Sox fans during or following a loss is worse than hearing from Yankee fans, with their taunts.

And this is while the team has had the best record in baseball. A lead over the Yankees that hasn't been under 4 since I can't remember when.

5 comments:

brianf007 said...

Maybe the time for panic may come after this weekend?
A true baseball fan...and of course: a championship fan!

noternie said...

The magic number is 11.

I don't panic.

Unknown said...

What a great game Friday was, huh? It's games like these that I love reading the posts of the Sox's message boards! I guess that one really has to tip their hats to those Yankess hitters! How does one stop them? The Sox tried, going went with their best! Should be another classic, today: with Beckett & Wang.

noternie said...

No comment on the Yankee hitters getting shut down by Beckett, huh?

I'll let you off the hook, because you didn't post on the Sunday game, either. Maybe too busy perusing the Red Sox message board, delighting in their misery.

Sorry you won't get that here. And a good thing, too. Delighting in the misery of others rather than simply enjoying your own team's success is not a very good thing. Not healthy at all.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm a baseball lover, first. I love the game of baseball. I have a particular favorite, but if they don't win, I certainly would root for a homestate team to win. I never delight in one's misery. I can't help though, being human: and look amusingly at fans who are so fickle, so panicky, so disloyal; included within that description are fans of my own team; and I'm so sick of hearing these whiners of my favorite team. A fan like you, of your team: is rare in these parts: I congratulate you on your optimistic spirit! It must be hard at times, being among those Sox fans who are always waiting for them to collapse. Hopefully they will play up to their potential and expectations. A championship team should do nothing less than that!