Thursday, November 1, 2007

Just in case...

I don't want A-Rod.

I’m just preparing myself for the possibility, not inevitability. I’m perfectly happy to continue hating him and wishing career ending injuries on him.

In addition to Randy Moss, I also put forward for your consideration David Wells. Heck, look at Manny Ramirez. Have we not had to get over a few things with him?

And since someone played the dreaded “curse” card, why not hypothesize that really “reversing the curse” requires taking a premier player from the MFY? Ask one of the doomsayers about that, then step back and enjoy the logical gymnastics. I’m guessing the end result is doom for the Red Sox, somehow.

Consider: how delicious would it be if A-Rod came here, turned out to be a decent guy and a clutch performer in the middle of a Red Sox dynasty?

I still haven’t convinced myself, so don’t think I’m trying to convince anyone else.

No comments: