Saturday, April 5, 2008

Worth noting

Lehane's books that don't revolve around the activities of Kenzie-Genaro are excellent.

Mystic River was a tremendous book, later made into a movie that's supposed to be tremendous (I haven't seen it yet).

I was a huge fan of Shutter Island, as well. That book is currently being made into a movie that will star Leonardo DiCaprio and is being directed by some guy named Scorese. Ben Kingsley is in it and so is the guy who played Kelly Leak in the old Bad News Bears movies and earned an Oscar for Best Supporting Actor last year.

Unlike Mystic River, Shutter Island isn't a blue collar Boston street story, but it's worth loving for other reasons.

The last book by Lehane I have to read is Coronado. To be honest, I just forgot to go get it. It's worth noting that in order to save the environment--and money--I took most of the Lehane books out of the libary.

No comments: