Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've got a tuna problem

I know what you're thinking but no, it's not an addiction.

My tuna is too wet. It's only a recent problem, but it's become far too regular. It used to be I could make a great tuna sandwich. Mixed up the tuna with a fork to break it up and then added just the right amount of mayo. I even had a pretty good rythm going with the bread; nice and ligthly toasted to give a bit of resistance, but not a full fledged crunch.

When it all went wrong, I can not say. But my tuna is too wet.

When I open the can it's difficult to squeeze the water out without tuna spurting out with it. Is the can opener different, making a wider gap between the can and the detached lid? Is tuna being manufactured differently such that more squeezing is required to get the water out? Maybe I've just lost my tuna groove.

I really enjoy tuna sandwiches. But I don't like soggy tuna. It makes the mayo watery and just ruins the entire experience in general.

I am in dispair. I've got a tuna problem.

2 comments:

Quriltai said...

No paprika? Ya gotta add some paprika.

If squishing the lid down into the can over the sink doesn't work, you could turn the open can upside down over a paper towel...

noternie said...

paprika? that's good on canned, sliced potatoes fried in a pan with some butter.

but with tuna? never heard of it.

when she can mrs noternie likes her tuna in the food processor with celery. it's good, but i don't put in that kind of effort.

mrs also thinks it might be the brand we have on hand right now. she reports the same issues.

upside down over a paper towel might work. good tip.