Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Busy week at work

I haven't found much time to post this week, which might be a good thing. I shudder to think what I might write about the Red Sox right now.

Varitek is about as close as you can come to an automatic out right now. I'll say that.

And the best attribute of Francona's Red Sox teams is also the most maddening; there is never a sense of urgency. That means that they never seem to show that extra push to get over a tough hump. But it also means they don't collapse in a heap of frustration and helplessness when things go south...like some of their fans.

It doesn't mean they will win in the end, but it gives me confidence that they are less likely to spiral toward the bottom of the division than others.

I'm happy for Tampa's fans that are getting a taste of success, but I have to words for them: Milwaukee Brewers.

No comments: