Wednesday, July 2, 2008

did you see?

Look over on the right hand side of the page, where the archives are listed. Notice that there are twelve months listed. I haven't yet been blogging here for a full year, but I'm damn close.

I worried that I wouldn't keep this up. In real life I'm not known for long, sustained periods of interest. My two older sisters used to hate to have to include me in a board game or other activity because they knew that, not long after starting, I'd want to quit. Seriously.

I've had my job for a long time. But ironically, that might be due to a lack of sustained interest in finding another one.

I've been married for a while now, but that's not really an interest. Wait. Wait. It's not an interest because it's more of a passion and lifestyle than an interest. Actually marriage isn't my passion or my lifestyle. My wife is my passion and my lifestyle. (see? pretty good, huh?)

So I was worried my interest would wane. But it hasn't. Maybe because I can post on any number of different things. It's not that I'm not curious or have opinions. No. No. No.

But I've made it into my twelfth month and I'm going stronger than ever. The total number of posts has gone up and so has the number of readers. I'm not going to overtake cnn.com or espn.com anytime soon, but I don't get extra money for additional readers, so I'm not overly concerned.

Thanks for reading. I hope I can continue to maintain a decent pace and with postings that you enjoy reading enough to return.

No comments: