Thursday, October 9, 2008

Finding happiness in small doses

Happiness comes in small doses, Denis Leary once said in a bit. Then he went on to name [sexual event], a chocolate chip cookie and a cigarette as examples. You [deleted], you eat the cookie, you smoke the cigarette, you go to bed, he said.

Well, I'm going to add another thing. Happiness is walking into the Comcast office, dropping cable boxes and remote controls on the counter and saying: "Hi, I'd like to cancel my service."

FIOS is in, Comcast is out. And good riddance.

By the way, check out the comments in my previous post about this, linked in last paragraph. Comcast wants me to think they are more than concerned with my satisfaction as a customer...now. I don't buy it. I think the comment was a phony spam-like response.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

We are concerned with improving the customer experience. I am sorry to learn we lost your business, however, your feedback helps us to learn from our mistakes. If there is anything you would like to share or anything we could do to change your mind, we're listening. You can reach our team at We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com.

Best Regards,
Melissa Mendoza
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations

noternie said...

If Comcast were a doctor, they would try to specialize in treating dead people.

When I had problems with my initial installation I couldn't get anyone to be "concerned with improving the customer experience." Nobody was interested in "feedback" that would help them "learn" from their "mistakes."

I can't remember anyone that wanted to "listen" and figure out if there was "anything" I wanted to "share."

Believe me, I had plenty to share.

Comcast's customer service is for shit, pardon my French, and their automated commenting on my blog does nothing to improve it.