Thursday, November 13, 2008

That reaction

Those wonderful folks at Fios gave us free HBO and some other stations for the first month. When mrs noternie called to cancel them after the 30 days, they said not only could we keep them for another two months, but we were going to get Showtime and a bunch of others, too. Seems the promotion they were running had been upgraded, so we were given the upgraded promotion.

Anyway, having HBO allowed me to DVR "The Departed" and "Mystic River," two movies I've long wanted to see. As much as I look forward to watching them, I'll enjoy no longer getting the reaction I've been getting from people when they reference the movies and I tell them I haven't seen them. You know that shocked, how can you do without oxygen "what do you mean you haven't see it/them" reaction. Yeah, I can do without that.

I read Mystic River, along with all the other Lehane books. I even got to see the movie for "Gone, Baby, Gone" and loved it.

So in the next few weeks I hope to find the time to squeeze in a viewing of these two movies. Then people can just be shocked that I don't watch "The Office" or that I haven't seen "40 Year Old Virgin" or one of the newer Batman movies.

No comments: