Monday, February 23, 2009

Academy Awards

I like movies a lot, but I don't get to see many of them. I watch the Oscars every year. At least a little bit of them. Often I'm doodling on the computer or flipping between that and something else. Last night I was playing with the laptop while watching. But I think I caught most of the higlights.

I really liked the opening by Hugh Jackman. Ther are actors and then there are entertainers. I think Jackman is obviously in the later category after watching him last night.



I thought Stiller's imitation of Joaquin Phoenix was great. Tina Fey and Steve Martin were excellent. Some of my favorite women celebrities were on display (Natalie Portman, Diane Lane, Jennifer Anniston, Robin Wright, Halle Berry)

I was glad to see Sean Penn win, but wished Meryl Streep had won. Kate Winslet does nothing for me. Neither does Angelina Jolie, if you're wondering where she was in the list above. As it goes with most big winners, I was Slumdog-ged out by the end of the night.

Good show overall. Adding the previous winners did make the show better. It's not something they can do every year, but kudos to them for pulling in the big names.

No comments: