Monday, March 29, 2010

Song of the Day: Stagger Lee

Made a trip to the border this weekend. Border Cafe in Cambridge, that is. Good feed, good drink. While there I heard a song that sounded very familiar. Couldn't place it or think of the name of it, but it was a great tune, so i figured I'd look for it later.*

Easier said than done. There have been A LOT of versions of this song. The Lloyd Price version was my favorite of the bunch and is so presented here. It has a nice bounce to it and features some cool horns.

When I first heard it, it made me think of the movie Shag. But it wasn't on the soundtrack. There was, however, a version by the Fabulous Thunderbirds featured on the Porky's 2 Soundtrack.

*I know, I know, there's an app for that. But I have an iPod Touch, not an iPhone. If wifi were more widespread I might have been able to use that app, but it's not, so I don't have it. I use a tried and true old fashioned method: I listen for a line of the song and then google it later.

No comments: