Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Oh Joy! Oh yummy gobbler bliss!

Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending a party for noternie nana-in law at the home of mr and mrs noternie inlaw's house. In addition to my mother inlaws blissful pistachio cake with pistachio frosting, the main course was a turkey dinner. (you know where this is going, don't you?)

In addition to a few rude, late cancellations fortune smiled on me by giving me inlaws who always make more than they need to feed the crowd at their functions (a very good thing, and polite, too. they've never run out of anything, to my knowledge). So rather than consuming the full two turkeys prepared, leftovers remained from the first. The second was untouched.

It came home with mrs. noternie and I.

And so the last few days have been a happily embarrassing early spring orgy of turkey eating. Turkey sandwiches for lunch yesterday. Turkey with mashed potatoes, stuffing and cranberry sauce last night. Turkey sandwiches for lunch again today. Turkey pot pie will be on the menu tomorrow, I think.

Stuffing was limited, so I held off from taking some for my sandwiches yesterday so there'd be enough for dinner last night. But there was some left over, so it's on my sandwiches today. Technically, it's not stuffing, it's what my wife's family calls "black potatoes." It's ground meat stuffing with mashed potatoes and is very good. Better on a sandwich than Stove Top or some bread stuffing would be.

So be jealous, dear readers. This week I am feasting on lunches of dark meat turkey with cranberry sauce, warmed "stuffing" and mayonnaise on lightly toasted white bread.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments: